The Sikhs’ evening prayer is called Rehras Sahib. It is an assortment of hymns from Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s works, the Dasam Granth Sahib, and the Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh holy book. Worldwide, Sikhs chant the Rehras Sahib every day.
The Rehras Sahib is a lovely and potent prayer that praises Lord Waheguru, the Sikh Supreme Being, for his numerous virtues. For Sikhs, it is a wellspring of immense inspiration and devotion. It is said that chanting Rehras Sahib offers numerous material and spiritual advantages. It is said to eliminate all barriers from a person’s life and to cleanse the body, mind, and soul. It is also said to bring prosperity, happiness, and tranquility.
The following are some advantages of reciting the Rehras Sahib:
- cleanses the body, soul, and mind
- removes all barriers from a person’s life and grants contentment, success, and serenity
- Increases adoration for Lord Waheguru and brings freedom from the cycle of birth and death
- imparts knowledge of other scriptures and the Vedas
- shields against all threats
- grants all wishes
Although Rehras Sahib can be chanted in any language, it is customarily done so in the Sikh script, Gurmukhi. Although it can be repeated at any time of day, doing so in the evening is thought to be particularly fortunate. There are numerous methods for reciting Rehras Sahib. While some recite it slowly and meditatively, others chant it swiftly and rhythmically. While some chant it softly, others do so out loud.
It could be a good idea to begin chanting Rehras Sahib slowly and meditatively if you have never done so before. Another option is to chant along with a recording of Rehras Sahib. Chanting with sincerity and commitment is what matters most.
Here’s a basic method for reciting Rehras Sahib:
- Closing your eyes, take a comfy seat.
- Lean back and breathe deeply a few times.
- Start by reciting each hymn of Rehras Sahib one at a time.
- Concentrate on the significance of each hymn and consider the attributes of Lord Waheguru while you chant.
- Chanting should continue until you feel finished.
One of the most effective ways to communicate with Lord Waheguru and gain His blessings is to recite Rehras Sahib. People of different ages and backgrounds can appreciate this practice.
Reciting the Rehras Sahib has several practical advantages in addition to its spiritual merits. Stress reduction and mental calmness may be aided by it. Enhancing focus and concentration might also be aided by it. Learning more about the Sikh faith and fostering relationships with other Sikhs can both be greatly facilitated by reciting Rehras Sahib.
I urge you to begin reciting Rehras Sahib if you’re seeking a way to strengthen your spiritual practice and establish a closer relationship with Lord Waheguru. It is a lovely and potent prayer that has the capacity to significantly alter your life.
You can simply download the pdf by clicking the download button below and start reading it.